February 23, 2014

Aquarius Encore

Welcome to another installment of the Zodiac Dresser series for which I find sartorial inspiration in western astrology. Today's post celebrates Aquarius, an artsy, avant-garde and edgy sign.
aquarius inspired outfit
1960s dress: gifted, thanks Lisa! * necklace: gifted * earrings: Anthro * 70s boots: thrifted, Portland
Because it is symbolized by a water-bearer, Aquarius is often mistaken for a water sign, but it is actually an air sign with a water attribute. Thanks in part to the classic song, I can't help but associate groovy 60s/70s vibes with Aquarius.
aquarius
Although I'm wearing a (mostly) red dress, the color associated with Aquarius is electric blue.
aquarius
aquarius
Man, I love this dress and can't wait to wear it once the weather is seasonably warm. To be totally honest, I think Aquarius might be the sign I look forward to most when shooting for this series.
--m

5 comments:

  1. "I think Aquarius might be the sign I look forward to most when shooting for this series." Yeah, you know it! Love the dress! Tent dresses can be so cute. Especially one with such an awesome print and neckline as that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that dress was gifted to you by an Aquarius, so it's even more perfect! Looks better on you than me by loads too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! yes, I was thinking of you gloating a bit when I wrote that line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure everything looks great on you with that dynamite figure! And thanks again a million for this gem, I really do love it and curious to see what other ways I come up with to accessorize

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pics are beautiful! But it was even **1000 times more beautiful in person!

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!