November 22, 2013

the Zodiac Dresser: Scorpio

Welcome to another installment of my Zodiac Dresser series in which I explore astrology through my wardrobe. Today's belated post is inspired by Scorpio, a sign famous for being secretive and sexy. 
scorpiomain
tank: Free People * shoes: Tahari 
Sex and death seem to go together, so it's not a surprise this sign is also associated with Pluto, god of the underworld. In many ways, this sign represents a kind of "fertile death", the way certain forests must burn to stay healthy. Hence my choice of my skull and quartz necklace and autumnal background. 
scorpiodetail
wow, right?! 
One of the colors associated with this sign is crimson, so this skirt's color and silhouette make it a very Scorpio garment to me. It's my mom's from the 80s. Interestingly, she does not like Dali, but loves the surreal print on this skirt.There's a bit of Klee in there, too, huh? So amazing, let's look again: 
scorpiodetail2
yet again, wow! (necklace by me)
I'll be honest: this is one of my most favorite signs because of its dark but creative symbolism. 
--m

No comments:

Post a Comment

looking forward to hearing from you!