September 13, 2013

the Zodiac Dresser: Virgo

Welcome to a new post in my Zodiac Dresser series in which I explore astrological signs through outfits. Today's get up is my second attempt at finding inspiration in Virgo

virgo02
1950s dress: Nobody's Baby, Eugene, OR *shoes: Sanita
Associated with the color brown and symbolized by a beautiful female virgin, I figured a cherry printed taupe dress was perfect since... you know... popping cherries and all.... I borrowed a totebag from a traveller who recently visited le Moulin de la Vierge ("the Virgin's Mill") in Paris.
virgo03
And for jewelry, I had to go with the most famous virgin around...
virgo01
for sale in my shop
Personality wise, this sign is meticulous, modest and conservative, as you would expect from a pretty virgin. However, this sign's critical and picky nature can make them challenging roommates and bosses. 
Happy Birthday to any Virgo readers!
--m

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the cherry reference. The colour and print are super adorable. I wish I could raid your dress collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome dress! I am a virgo. Though I am admittedly skeptical of the zodiac signs, it's interesting. I really dig those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good idea of outfit series! You found inspiration in places I would never have thought of.

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!