May 24, 2013

thrift scores and life lately

Almost two weeks without blogging?! I'm not doing a very good job of reforming last year's bad habits, now am I? This past month has been not only busy, but also full of uncertainty and stress. Frankly, my creative endeavors and personal style have taken a backseat to staying afloat.  I've also been avoiding thrift stores the past couple months in an attempt to have less stuff and more money. However, last weekend I went to Southwestern Virginia for a college graduation and splurged a little bit at the  local Goodwills. Behold my bounty:
90s jams world dress
I found not one but TWO Jams World dresses from the 90s. Since it will be a long while before I take any tropical vacations, these dresses will have to substitute.
90s jams world dress

90s roses dress
I'm hoping to get lots of wear out of this 90s dress featuring roses.
90s roses dress

Zebra skirt
Normally I do not care for zebra print, but this skirt is the rare exception.
Zebra skirt
this zebra has kind of a shy expression, no?
Untitled
I'm all about vintage flower power this spring/summer.
Kitsch
What thrifting trip would be complete with tchotchkes?
70s jacket
Though I'm not ready for it to get cold outside again, I am looking forwards to wearing this 70s corduroy jacket this fall.
70s jacket
pocket detail of jacket

#40s #50s west German pin #vintage #jewelry #plastic #boy #cute #blue #white
this pin was made in Western Germany and I think it's from the 40s or 50s. 

Lanz Originals 60s dress and jacket
this Lanz Originals vintage dress is too small on me so it will soon appear on Ebay. Email me if you're interested.  
My biggest thriftscore is probably this silk nightgown from the late 20s or early 30s. It is in excellent condition and even appears handmade.
20s/30s nightgown
20s/30s nightgown
Well, that's all folks! Did any of these pieces strike a chord with you? Found any good thriftscores of your own recently?
--melina

2 comments:

  1. I love those 90s dresses! In my relatively small city the thrift stores are flooded with people, lacking donations, and thus overpriced. Needless to say, I rarely find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the best prints! I really love those 90's dresses up top. "Frankly, my creative endeavors and personal style have taken a backseat to staying afloat." - I totally get and relate to this. Such is life, I suppose (sigh).

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!