May 04, 2013

the Zodiac Dresser: Taurus II

Welcome to another Taurus inspired outfit. Ruled by Venus, the planet named for the Roman godess of love and beauty, Taurus is truly a romantic sign. (Photos by Charles O'Donavan)
taurus02
my favorite hashtag? #loveva
Symbolized by a bull, Taurus is loathe to change. This combination of sensuality and stubbornness brings to my mind a classic, 50s bombshell aesthetic.
taurus04
1950s lace dress: thrifted 
Mauve and pale blue are colors associated with Taurus.
taurus03
I love the combination of these two necklaces. 
Due to their colors and romantic associations, I felt amethyst and rose quartz were the perfect stones for Taurus-themed jewelry. As Taurus rules the neck, necklaces were an obvious choice. 
buy here
buy here
An earth sign, Taurus is pragmatic, resourceful and patient. However, this sign's materialistic and stubborn tendencies can result in a stingy, dogmatic attitude. 
taurus01
At Maymont, possibly the most romantic spot in Richmond
Overall, thought, this sign is a lover, not a fighter (unlike Aries which precedes it). 
taurus05
vintage bag: antique store * shoes: Pink
I hope you've enjoyed my take on Taurus this year. Is this your astrological sign? If so, what styles do you feel best exemplify Taurus?
heart,
--m

3 comments:

  1. I love the Zodiac Dresser series. I think this post turned out especially well due to the special location. I hope to see more Richmond landmarks in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, ya look gorgeous. Second off, these colours are really pretty (and eerie?). And third off, I think your interpretation is spot on. I love this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos of you are so beautiful! Especially the second one. It reveals your softer side... Perhaps its you're lovers that see that most frequently/

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!