December 17, 2012

recently

I've been in a fashion rut lately, not knowing what to wear, not fitting into some of my wardrobe and not getting to wear what I want at work. Has that ever happened to you?
Very recently, however, some pretty fantastic new items have found their way into my life. From the free pile of a local artist who moved away:
indian print dress
This dress blows my mind! Sadly, it is a bit too tight up in the ribs :( But maybe I can let it out? Either way, this late 60s/early 70s silk dress is a work of art in itself. Let's look up close, shall we?
Untitled

The fabric features reproductions of east Indian, Pakistani and near eastern religious prints all collaged together.
Untitled

Also of great importance is this vintage kimono with scrolling clouds and super masculine jackrabbits.
rabbit kimono

rabbit kimono detail

The kimono is even reversible (the other side looks like the trim around the button).

From local resale shop Rumors, I found this 80/20 hidden wedge booties. They're awful cute, but I haven't quite figured out how I want to wear them.
80/20 booties

Saving the best for last, my friend Penelope most generously gifted me these darling, glow-in-the-dark baby Gesu' earrings:
glow in the dark jesus earrings

I just love them! Given the season, I've been wearing them daily. Many people have asked me if they are cupids or angels, which makes me smile.

Hopefully, these awesome finds will help me feel more creative and refreshed when it comes to getting dressed.
heart,
--m


Share |

5 comments:

  1. I love the fun things that you got and I am really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should give that dress to a museum. Really. Wait, in fact, it's a museum itself... not only a piece of art. It would be good if there were any independent museums with dress like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally fell for the first dress, aww myy gosh its amazing! 

    * TaLk-SicK! Dark Angel! * 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those prints are so awesome and unique! The details are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love the dresses, and those earrings. I love thinking that these items have wandered into your life due to your good clothing karma. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!