March 09, 2012

Five Things I Like

Kuchi Tribal Jewelry
via
From Afghanistan, this type of traditional jewelry has been a huge influence on my style and creative projects lately. I especially appreciate the use of matte cabochons. 
via
Tuareg Silver
via
I bought a pair of tuareg silver hoops in Portland and have since become enchanted with the metalwork of this African nomadic ethnic group.

Jade Plants
Jade (1)
These hardy, happy lil succulents bring me such cheer. I got the largest one at a yard sale in Portland five years ago as a small shoot. I've since started other jade plants off it to spread even more cheer.
Jade close up (1)

Palo Santo

via
This smells mystical and sensual at the same time.

Self-Healing Cutting Mats
via
These are vital for anyone who does lots of collaging and/or scrap-booking, like myself. (Also if you quilt!)

heart,
--m

2 comments:

  1. When I was little, I used to eat the leaves off my nanna's jade plant. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just wanted to let you know I've added a link to your blog under my RVA Love page on my blog:) Thought you might want to check it out!<3 Leneyhttp://agirlnamedleney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!