March 30, 2012

Five Things I Like Friday

(I'm now posting this list every friday for purposes of alliteration.)

CM Coolidge's "Dogs Playing Poker" Series

via
Coolidge's iconic and kitschy series are some of the best manifestations of Victorian artists' preoccupation with anthropomorphism.

T. Rex

So perfect.

Triumph Motorcycles

via
These bikes are gorgeous, whether vintage or contemporary. Are any of my readers lucky enough to own one? 

Hematite

via
I appreciate this stone's edgy and masculine quality. 

Terrariums

via
I have wanted to make one for years but just haven't gotten around to it. This week I bought a bell jar so hopefully I will soon fulfill this goal. I mean, it's like a small world you can create! And if you include moss and ferns, you are making a mini-Oregon. Have any of you successfully made/maintained a terrarium? I'd appreciate any advice. 

--m

4 comments:

  1. Great photos!
    -Toriwww.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have obsessed with terrariums sinceI was a little girl but I am SO BAD with plants. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have several pieces of hematite jewelry.  I too like the weight, but also the coolness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. laurastefania_nanaApril 1, 2012 at 9:35 AM

    I don't anything about making a terrarium, but I hope you'll figure it out soon and make one of your own.

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!