February 13, 2012

Two New Dresses and a Trip to Portland

Howdy y'all! I'm about to fly out west to beautiful Portland, Oregon but first I wanted to share two dresses I was recently gifted. 

This dress is in such incredible condition it is hard to believe this is an authentic vintage piece from the late 40s/early 50s.

The lace has held up so well! If I didn't find the tell-tale metal zipper by Talon, I would not believe this dress is over 50s years old.

Next up is this sassy 60s button-up dress. How cute are the sleeves?

Aw, thanks for thinking of me Matthew!

Well, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I'll be blogging from Portland for the next week.
heart,
--m

Share |

8 comments:

  1. both dresses are so awesome! both are gonna look so great on you! the white one will be perfect for hot summer days. just through some flowers in your hair and go bare foot!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brown dress is just to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and LOVE it.  By the way, that black and white dress is beyond adorable.  Can't wait to see pics of you in it

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! That is a perfect styling suggestion and gives me a great idea for in upcoming photo shoot once the weather warms up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I'm lucky to have friends who love to thrift and know my size/style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are stunning!  I love the 60s dress, very Mary Quant.  And the white dress will look so awesome with those leather boots you have.  I'm also picturing love beads and daisy chains.  

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!