February 29, 2012

Introducing: Empress Holly, my favorite cat ever

While the main focus of my recent trip to Portland was to reconnect with an old friend, I made a new pal, too. A pal with four paws to be more specific, an adorable kitty named Holly. I call her Empress Holly because she rules. (Her guardian is a devotee of Kali, so I also like to call her "Holly Durga" after a type of chant.)
love bug
She loves having her upper tummy petted very vigoursly.

Despite weighing only 7 pounds, this tiny fluffball is one heck of a scrapper, known to take out some pretty big rodents.
Holly
She loves to be outdoors and has even lived significant periods of time at campsites in Alaska. A survivor of kittenhood abuse, Holly is tough, but she's also a total lover.

How many pets does it take to get to the purr of a Holly-cat? Approximately 4.2 on average, actually. She'll "pet back", too.
Holly resting
Saving the cutest image for last...
holly
Doesn't that just melt your heart?! Oh Holly, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
Who is your favorite cat?
heart,
--m

4 comments:

  1. oh yes my heart is sooo melting! he is adorable! there is nothing like a big old fat kitty with lots and lots of fur!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 cats now, and they compete every day for who is the cuter of the cats. 
    That looks like a very fun and fluffy kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is absolutely precious!  I heart cat paws so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly looks like a very sweet cat. My favorite, as you may have guessed, is my own naughty kitten Luey.

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!