December 27, 2011

Zodiac Dresser: Sagittarius

Welcome to another installment of my Zodiac Dresser series in which I explore astrology through outfits. This post is inspired by Sagittarius, symbolized by the centaur and ruled by the planet Jupiter.
shirt and Wrangler boots: thrifted * skirt: Nobody's Baby, OR * tights: hue
The centaur is a hybrid creature from Greco-Roman mythology who has the torso of a man with the body of horse. As a result, Sagittarius is associated with outdoor sports, particularly hunting and horseback-riding. I chose a top and boots reflective of this equestrian flair.
t-shirt closeup
This sign is also characterized by a love of travel and adventure as well as a jovial and philosophical outlook. Sagittarius can also be restless, careless and tactless.
we're hunters
This is my noble "hunting dog" whose purple coat reflects the color associated with Sagittarius.
closing in on our prey
Notable Sagittarians include: Harpo Marx * Tina Turner * Bruce Lee* Toulouse-Lautrec * Winston Churchill * William Blake * Lucky Luciano * Jimi Hendrix and Bill Nye

--m

Share |

5 comments:

  1. Your shirt and boots are really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sagittarius and I've been waiting for this for ages. It was good, I love your top and your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh thank you <3

    ahhh I love your dog!

    http://izumihiiiflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shirt is seriously awesome! I'm gonna be takin' some courses in astrology and mythology when I start school and cannot friggin' wait! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My moon is in Sag :) I like adventure, travel, new things, and riding but I have too much If this astrology stufff is real maybe I have too much Cappy (in my chart bogging me down . Hmmm, purple is def my favorite color though

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!