December 01, 2011

Five Things I Like

Smileys
smileys
some of my smiley collection
I'm loving the 70s classic or 90s revival smiley lately. Seeing them makes me want to smile! The best thing about smileys is you can make one out of any round object with a few simple strokes of a permanent marker. After the holidays, I'm going to give myself a smileys manicure.

Pom Poms
via
Named after Madame Pompadour, a member of French royal court, pom poms are so adorable and cheerful. As an embellishment, they exist solely to please the eyes. I like the store bought kind in smaller sizes, but for big pom poms, you can't beat the homemade kind, like those featured on this pom pom lover's blog.
via
Vintage Coach Purses
via (I own this same model and color purse)
I like the simplicity and usefulness of vintage Coach purses. They match most everything and have a very scholarly vibe. Plus, you can carry them in your hand or over your shoulder.

via
PonPonPon
 Warner Music won't allow me to embed this amazing music video here, so please check it out on Youtube. It is the weirdest and coolest thing I've ever seen and has totally inspired my creative aesthetic for my line of hair accessories (on etsy soon). The song is extremely catchy, too.

Small Heart Tattoos
via
Even though I swore I wasn't getting another tattoo until I was 40, lately I've been wanting to get a small heart tattoo, either just an outline or filled in with black ink only. Where I really want to get it placed is behind my ear but my mother would kill me so I'm holding off on getting it in such a highly visible spot. Any suggestions?
via

heart(!)
--m


6 comments:

  1. I love this feature.  It makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole post made me smile. :) I can't wait to see what you hair accessories line is like! That sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God!! Ponponpon is amazing!! hehe gonna be in my head all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh in english you say Pompom too! :D

    http://izumihiiiflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smileys remind me of the sticker collection book I had in the early 90's. I had a big collection of smiley stickers in various colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smileys remind me of specifically 1995 - 96. I chose to wear my smiley on the first day of school in 6th grade- it was a sparkly big yellow smiley on a white t-shirt which had black arm cuffs and neckline. The smiley made me feel happy and excited. Unfortunately, middle school was a different place and somebody standing in line behind me at the cafeteria said it was just awful (including the short skirt and knee high socks that went with it). You have REVIVED the power of the smiley!

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!