October 20, 2011

the Zodiac Dresser: Libra

Welcome to another installment of my Zodiac Dresser series in which I express the astrological signs through outfits. Today's post celebrates Libra.
libra 03
Symbolized by the scales, Libra is noted for its peaceable, easygoing, charming and diplomatic character. I wanted my outfit to balance the polished nature of this sign with something more playful. Obviously, the gold pencil skirt is the silly element while the 90s kitten shirt is the serious one (note sarcasm).
earring detail
(image from The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need by Joanna Woolfolk)
Ruled by Venus, Libra values beauty, harmony and relationships. Its colors are blue and lavender while its metal is copper. The body parts associated with this sign are the lower back and buttocks.
libra 02
(80s skirt and earrings: thrifted * shoes: Deluxe, Eugene, OR * 90s shirt: free pile in Portland)
Libras are generally active, social and good listeners. They can also be fickle, faithless, indecisive and insecure.
scales
(outside a law office in downtown Richmond)
Famous Libras include: Luke Perry * Buster Keaton * Ray Charles * Julie Andrews * Brigitte Bardot * e.e. cummings * T.S. Eliot * Ben Vereen * Giuseppe Verdi * Gore Vidal * Rex Reed and John Lennon

Any Libras reading this? (Also, how awesome is this kitten shirt? It's like the designers worked so hard to create a photorealistic kitten but then ran out of money and decided to pair it with early MS Dos clipart.)
heart
--m



Share |

14 comments:

  1. Me like! Love the combo of the tee with the skinny skirt!
    Xo,cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, this is such a good idea for a series of features! I loveeeee the kitty shirt-wish i could go back to the 90's and stock up on silly jumpers ;D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. FREE KITTENS...SHIRT?! WANT!!!

    http://fab450.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a Libra but i love the outfit. i like the colours the glitzy skirt and uber cute top! I do so like your purple shoes too! cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is HOT!  Would love to see it in more posts!  Your Zodiac Dresser series is one of my favorites, ever, you clever girl.  I still can't wait for Aquarius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with this outfit! There's nothing better than '90s cat t-shirts and gold skirts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had a nickel for every garment I had back then I wish I had kept... well, I could buy them all back on ebay

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, it was the best free pile ever

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a libra! Anything with kittens on is a good thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome outfit! I've always wanted to learn more about astrology, so this is very interesting! I like your visual interpretations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh!! what a cool idea!gonna check out the other ones now!
    xox

    http://fashionpho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, this outfit it SO good! Cannot even express properly how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This outfit is amazing. It's very colorful, using a bunch of  unique bright colors, that I don't see people wear often, but they don't clash, they compliment and create a time traveling affect.  

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!