September 22, 2011

Zodiac Dresser: Virgo

Welcome to yet another installment of my Zodiac Dresser series where I explore astrological signs through outfits. Today's outfit is inspired by Virgo.
virgo
(1940s tea dress: Deluxe, Eugene, OR *boots: Schulyer and Sons) 
Because Virgo is represented by a virgin woman, I felt white was the most appropriate color to wear. The colors actually associated with Virgo, however, are green and brown so I used those two colors for my eye makeup.  I thought the  Victorian era and 1940s aesthetics best represented Virgo's meticulous, modest and conservative nature. This sign can also be overly critical, cold and fussy.

Famous Virgos include: Twiggy * Leonard Bernstein * River Phoenix * Elvis Costello * Michael Jackson * Otis Redding * Sophia Loren * Greta Garbo * Joan Jett * Tai Babilonia

If you are a blogging Virgo, please be sure and leave a comment,
--m

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of yours!  I'll take a peek at what other signs you've done now:)

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!