September 12, 2011

Style Star: Louise Brooks

Louise Brooks was an iconic 1920s star famous for her raven bob and dancer's legs. Her most notable role was the lead in the 1929 silent classic Pandora's Box
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
I love her sultry, dark eye makeup combined with her delicate, girlish bangs.
via
via
via
via
via
Having trained as a dancer, Lulu was always very conscious of her body language.
via
via
The way she used her hands is particularly charming.
via
via
I wish I had more to say but I think her distinctive gaze really says it all, don't you?
--m

Share |

11 comments:

  1. She certainly is easy on the eye and now I've learnt she was a dancer I can understand the fascination with her movements and poses - so graceful.  She was quite a rebel and gave Hollywood a right old kick in the bollocks - good self-esteem.  What a legend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much <3

    this woman is wonderful <3 Her body is a true woman body!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her, these photos are wonderful! Pandora's Box will always be one of my favourite movies :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovelovelove. And I lovelovelove your blog as well.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her bob is so gorgeous! <3
    xLost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Louise Brooks! She is so darling; I've always wanted to have hair just like hers. Aren't flappers just adorable?

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's gorgeous. I love that her hair is bold, but still soft looking. Those photos you posted after Irene are intense! We were hit by it, but not as badly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it...but I was hoping this would lead to images of you Louise Brooks style <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pics, dear Melina.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES I love her so much (though admittedly I've seen very little of her films...). I totally cut and dyed my hair like that because I was so inspired by her :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looovve this post !!!!!!!! I am inlove with vintage retro imagery. and the anything about the 1920-30s. :)  www.ladorian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!