July 19, 2011

the Zodiac Dresser: Cancer

Welcome to another installment of my Zodiac Dresser series in which I explore astrology through outfits. Today we are examining the sign Cancer and its attributes.
silver skirt
(skirt: was mom's * dress worn as top and belt: thrifted in Chicago * shoes: Deluxe in Oregon *  earrings:  Gold Door )
Because it is ruled by the moon, Cancer is gifted with an imaginative and intuitive nature. The moon's influence also endows this sign with spiritual, almost mystical properties. As a water sign,  Cancer is very emotional and sensitive, both in positive and negative ways. Cancerians are known to be shrewd, cautious, empathetic, protective, loving, homey and maternal.
silvery eyes

I centered my palette around silver, white and soft grey because these are the colors associated with Cancer.
silver skirt
The body parts ruled by Cancer are the breasts and stomach hence the hearts around my waist and moon on my....
The animal associated with this sign is the crab and so it is only appropriate that Cancerians are often, well, crabby, touchy and moody. Much like a crustacean's claw, Cancer also has difficulty with attachment and letting go.
Cancer tableau
(crab and book: thrifted * sunglasses: Deluxe * hair sticks: Philadelphia's Chinatown)
Some of my favorite Cancerians of note include: Cyndi Lauper * Meryl Streep * George Michael * Jon Cusack * Pamela Anderson * the current Dalai Lama *  Jimmy Smits * Nelson Mandela * Lindsay Lohan * Robin Williams * Vin Diesel

If you are a blogger born under the zodiac sign Cancer, please share your website in the comments below.
heart,
--m

Share |

9 comments:

  1. Ashe @ Dramatis PersonaeJuly 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM

    Yay! This is so fun. When I was little, I fought being a Cancer tooth & nail.  But now that I'm older, I'm like, "Wow. So obvious that I am one."

    ReplyDelete
  2. to get a full, free astrological chart (including your rising, moon,
    planets and houses) go to www.astro.com it is not the best designed/
    organized site in my opinion, but the chart is accurate, free and
    printable

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! Love the eye make up. It's so pretty and shimmery

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that top, girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zodiac dressing, what a cool concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that skirt. There's a fluidity to it! :)

    I can't wait for our care package exchange! I sent you a DM in Twitter. If you are interested, I'm also hosting a package exchange in my blog. The more packages, the better, right? Hope all is well! :)

    Teresa
    http://prettydandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog today of all days, because I happen to be a cancer! Great post!
    This is my blog: http://metaphoricalblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!