July 04, 2011

Chicago

I can't believe it's been over a week since I left Chicago. I was visiting with a new friend I met right before leaving Oregon. (She's the sister of a pal in Eugene.) I knew during our first conversation that we'd one day become good, old friends. Has that ever happened to you?
self-portrait in a carousel
ferris wheel
(at the Navy Pier).
schlitz
I already knew to expect interesting 19th century architecture but was pleasantly surprised by the abundant (and cheap) thrifting right in the city.
steam
signs
(Old Style is the PBR of Chicago.)
arch (doorway)
stairs

art history
FLOYD'S
wigs
watched
Want to see more?
--m

5 comments:

  1. chicago is such a great city! i totally know what you mean about new old friends. the lady  i work with is the same! i feel like we have known each other forever but it has only been a couple months. cheers to awesome friendships!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Chicago! The architecture looks amazing. I would definitely love to see more, as well as any thrifting finds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3.  I love all the graffiti photos. I hope I can one day come up with some awesome graffiti idea and then find the guts to execute it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, sorry for taking over this comment section. :/ I tagged you in my "Lovely Blog Award" if you wanna fill it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!