June 10, 2011

Montana

Montana is easily one of the most beautiful and interesting places I've ever been. While I was expecting gorgeous scenery, I was not prepared for the plethora of amazing historic buildings.
Butte:
M&M
Apparently Butte contains the largest national historic landmark district in the United States featuring about 6,000 late 19th and early 20th century buildings.
Butte
blue bridge
fireproof hotel
Photographers
Butte
we are hair
Butte
hotel finley
rooms
Outside Bozeman:
sparky's bar
This is one of the oddest buildings I've encountered.
Miles City:
ben franklin
Wouldn't that key make a great little tattoo?
reflect

What did I like best about Miles City? My new pal Jerry who I met while dining at the 600 Cafe. He seemed to know everybody and every building in town.
Jerry, laughing
Although it was closed, Jerry snuck me into the back of the Montana Bar when he learned of my passion for historic architecture.
montana bar
The victorian interior has been very well preserved and remains in use.
me, by Jerry
till
You can check out my flickr set to see all 200+ photos I took while in Montana. Have you ever been to Montana? I hear next time I absolutely must visit Kalispel.
heart,
--m

8 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh.  I lived in Montana for nearly 15 years when I was in graduate school and as a young mother.  We vacationed there last summer and I too have many photos of downtown Butte.  Did you take the time to eat a pastie while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, oddly I didn't learn of those until I made it to North Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics - makes me want to go there.
    Happy weekend wishes from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  4. The old buildings are incredible - they look untouched!  Thank you for sharing these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5.  wow, these places look truly interesting! and I love the pictures - it looks like a photo report from a ghost town :D impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool photos...and yes, the key would make a cute tattoo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. FashionserialkillerJune 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM

    woah! amazing.. I love the wood in that one bar as well.. so nice.

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!