May 07, 2011

The Zodiac Dresser: Taurus

Today's post continues my Zodiac Dresser series, in which I explore different signs of the horoscope through outfits. All these photos were taken by Malin Laney a couple weeks ago at the Owen Rose Garden.
zodiac dresser: taurus
Taurus is strongly associated with the colors pale blue and mauve, hence my dress choice. This sign is ruled by the planet Venus, named after the roman goddess of love and beauty. As a result, Taurus is a sensual, romantic, elegant and creative sign.
zodiac dresser: taurus
An earth sign, Taurus is down to earth but also linked to the acquisition of material possessions and resources. Tauri are patient, dependable, practical, perseverant, affectionate and caring. They are also known to be secretive, dogmatic and sometimes stingy.
zodiac dresser: taurus
Symbolized by the bull, it is no surprise Taurus is stubborn and loath to change. The combination of steadfastness and sensuality in this sign led me to choose a classic bombshell type outfit and makeup scheme. The body part linked to Taurus is the neck so I chose to highlight mine with a floral choker.
zodiac dresser: taurus
(*vintage homemade dress: flea market in Buenos Aires * 60s maryjanes: Deluxe * coat: thrift * 90s choker: gift from my parents when I was in junior high* sunglasses: thrift)
zodiac dresser: taurus
Some favorite Tauri of note: Bettie Page * Joe Louis * Eva Peron * Audrey Hepburn * Leonardo DaVinci * Sugar Ray Leonard * John Muir * Catherine DeMedici * Guglielmo Marconi * Rudolph Valentino *

Hope you've all enjoyed my second installment of the Zodiac Dresser. Be sure and leave a comment if you're a Taurean blogger!
heart,
--m

Share |

13 comments:

  1. I really love this series. Your attention to detail is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not a taurus, but that dress is so fabulous! I love the slits

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are just starting to come in! Spring has sprung! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. sadly it doesn't actually close up the back (too small on me!) hence
    why I can only wear it with a coat

    ReplyDelete
  5. melina! you are so creative! I love how you incooporated style and mythology! Speaking of which, I love your outfit it looks like a spanish flamenco dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great post idea!!! i love it! i am on the cusp so i am a taurus and a gemini! love the dress!


    xo,

    cb

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is amazing! What a find! I love how the sunglasses and blossoms go so well with the trim, I am in awe of the skill that dressmaker possessed! Nice way to put it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those colors, both the dress and the shoes! but i am sad that i have to wait over a yearrrr to see Aquarius. give me a hint??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't plan that far in advance, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your shoes !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11.  I am a Taurean blogger and i love this lady. your coat is amazing, i want to steal it off your backx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha, that is sweet. It's a random thrift score but I get lots of
    compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love this Taurus-inspired outfit.  The dress is amazing and the coat - YUM!!

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!