May 31, 2011

Clowin' Around (But Seriously)

If wearing the same clown shirt days in a row is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
clown001
I thrifted this amazing shirt on the coast recently.
(leggings: target * vintage boots: thrift * purse: thrift)
clown007
I feel like the middle clown, the sad one.
clown006
I am sad to leave Oregon and the pacific northwest. In related news, I am moving to Virginia, where I grew up.
clown005
I've learned and done a lot out here but it is time to move on and look for new opportunities.
 clown004
Part of me feels down in the dumps.
clown003
My reasons for moving back are that I am trying to regroup and develop my portfolio as I seek more stable employment. While I'm looking for new opportunities, I wanted to be closer to my friends and family. Even my best friend from Oregon now lives in Virginia so...
clown002
Have you ever left someplace you really liked? Somehow I know Oregon will always be in my life.
ps:What do you think of the dark lipstick? It's MAC's "deepest wish" which I've had a while but feel like abusing this summer.
--m


Share |

15 comments:

  1. All of my leggings are from Target.  I have quite a bunch.  They are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so adorable! I love the shirt.
    When I left LA last March, I thought I would die from sadness. It still kinda hurts, but not all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving Portland?! I'm sorry to hear it! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. be wrong lady be wrong! that is a great shirt and i love it with those shoes :D

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica}
    span.s1 {font: 13.0px Times}



    Oh my gosh, I love your blog! It's so charming! I loooove thrifting xD And I totally understand what you mean. I just moved to Hawaii from living in AZ ALL my life. I absolutely love it her, and don't regret moving, but I still feel like I don't know my place, or where my direction is taking me. It's like I don't know where each step is going to take me and that worries me :P You're not alone, though. I think it all just comes down to following your heart <3
    I was hoping we could follow and friend each other! Thanks!

    <3eimi

    http://shiikwaasaababy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your haircut. Mega cute!

    adelaidelaundry.com 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your lipstick!

    I just moved back where I grew up, too.  I've been able to reconnect with friends and there have been a lot of changes since I left, but Birmingham still feels like my real home.  I miss it.  It's nice to be here and regroup, though, I definitely needed the break!  

    Welcome back to the South!  I hope the move goes as quickly and seamlessly as possible for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey darlin...email me your address so i can send you your giveaway item....oooh exciting!  thefashionturd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tee hee, you look great in these photos. The light is amazing, and I love the settings. (Yes, especially the dumpster.) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's!  We could meet like halfway between AL & VA and have adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. damn, what a cool, full of amazing and interesting things blog!  I just can't get away :D and I'm totally in love with your sense of style, you have a new fan! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great post! I love the tee...great find.

    I love NYC. Unfortunately it's just WAY to expensive to live there...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun in Virginia! I grew up there as well, but by "grew up", I mean I lived there until I turned 3. ;)
     
    I love the outfit! I always love your outfits, but this stands out to me. You pull off all black perfectly. ;) And for some reason, I really love the photo of the blue trash cans. The colours are gorgeous, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw, that is very sweet, there are like 4 compliments squeezed into
    your super nice comment!

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!