April 08, 2011

Blogging Award and Personal Trivia

Last week Laura from Those About to Shop was kind enough to include me in her list of stylish bloggers. In the past, I've been really bad about fulfilling my end of these kinds of awards and I apologize if you've ever felt slighted by me as a result. The rules are:

1) Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
3) Award 10 recently discovered bloggers.
4) Contact those bloggers and let them know they’ve won.

So, here are 7 bits of personal trivia about me I haven't shared here before:

via
1. My absolute favorite kind of cake in the world is yellow batter with vanilla frosting like you find at a conventional grocery store. This would always be my birthday cake if I had things my way. Sometimes I'll choose "fancier" cakes if I am hosting or going to a potluck, but really it is just to impress others. In my heart of hearts, I always prefer yellow batter.

2. I absolutely loathe mayonnaise with a passion and have for years. Even just seeing an unopened jar of it can make me queazy. I am familiar with a plethora of mayo-free tuna and potato salad recipes.

3. I am really interested in martial arts. I haven't had the time to dedicate myself to mastering a single discipline but I hope having graduated will change that. Once I'm settled, I'd like to seriously pursue krav maga, Muay Thai and MMA fighting techniques. Until now I've been experimenting with western-style boxing.
via
4. I really love crime dramas like the Sopranos, the Wire, Breaking Bad and Dexter.

5. I have never ridden a horse or gone skiing but would love the opportunity to do both.

6. My lucky numbers are 1, 3 and 9.

via
7. When I was growing up I collected My Little Ponies. My collection is still safely tucked away in my parents' attic.

Ok, so I'm passing this on to:
seablanket
applied glamour
self constructed freak
of another fashion
compai
pugly pixel
thriftaholic

Thanks everyone, what are your thoughts on yellow batter cake and mayo?
heart,
m

Share |

3 comments:

  1. Thank you dear!

    I collected My Little Ponies too, I was cleaning out a closet at my mom's house recently and found mine! I had MLP stuffed animals, too.

    I second yellow cake, there's nothing better. I don't like grocery store icing though, to me it's like cement. Yellow cake with Duncan Hines chocolate frosting and I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly love all cake, and i'm picky with mayo. I prefer a mayo and sour cream blend if you will. i like these get to know you posts....random stuff but insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, thank you for tagging me, I'm flattered! I recently posted 7 facts about moi on my blog. :)

    Yellow cake=yum. While I'm a bit of a foodie/bakery aficionado, I still have a soft spot for good ole' Duncan Hines! (as a kid I LOVED the cake with the little colored bits in it that looks like confetti)

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!