March 10, 2011

Soul Train, First Stop: Style

I absolutely had to share these AMAZING videos from Soul Train. Not only does the first video feature my beloved Curtis Mayfield, I would wear EVERY SINGLE OUTFIT in it (EVERY!)

The white ballet sandals?! The green overalls and purple shirt?! The mini dresses?! The velour shorts in chartreuse and purple?! A striped ribbed tank?! Bell bottoms that fit well?! I don't know where to stop!!!!!! It's ALL SO GOOD. I could never pick a favorite.

What's that? You want some more?

SILVER PANTS?! All the pants really, so impeccable. The bikini top with full skirt and platforms?! The pink shorts outfit?! Exciting 70s socks?! Is that a printed thermal at 0:19? All the red outfits!!

Oh and THESE DANCERS?!! Where are you all now? I hope you're still beautiful, fashionable and blogging about it.
love, peace and soul everyone!
--m
Share |

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant. My husband has every Soul Train show on DVD and we've been working our way through them. I'm always saying 'LOOK AT THAT SHIRT!' 'THAT DRESS!' 'THOSE SHOES!' It's such a happy, happy show. And of course the music is amazing.
    (By the way I added a close-up of the shoes you wanted to see, on my blog!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I wonder if the dancers picked out their own clothes or if there
    was a stylist in charge (guessing the latter) . also wondering where
    these clothes came from-- were they mall fashions or designers or
    custom made for the show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! This is fantastic. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I both graduated from high school in 1972, so watching these was like a trip down memory lane! The natural Afros, the pointy collars, the tube tops. And there were no other pants than bell bottoms a person could wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I've never watched the show that closely, but you are right, the clothes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGGHGHHHHHHH!!!! THIS IS SO GREAT! Soul Train makes my soul happy...

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!