March 13, 2011

Inspiration: Kelis

I discovered Kelis in high school with her video for "Caught out there". I loved her pink hair, energy and  style. She pulls off many looks that I couldn't (grillz for example) and I admire that.  Some favorites:
via
What a doll! Totally into the exaggerated blush (something else I can't pull off).
via
Grillz! I am on the lookout for the perfect big silver hoops, but it's been trickier than I thought. 
via
Two of my favorites ever: plaid and cornrows.
via
Great eye-makeup.
 via
Since I can remember, I've considered earrings that (almost) graze the shoulders the epitome of luxurious grown-up womanhood. 
via
via
So fresh and innocent, such good jewelry choices plus a mild 50s vibes. 
via
Maybe my favorite of her outfits. I like t-shirts with mouths on them, plus the big earrings and berry lips.
via
Saint Patrick's day is around the corner you know. 
via
 I am so going to copy her silver lids and fuchsia lips combo. 
Hope you've enjoyed exploring Kelis's fashions with me today,
heart,
--m
Share |

5 comments:

  1. excellent post! my absolute favourite photo is the one with green hair, shades, leather and sparkling jewelry... what's there not to like? such a diva!
    but i also appreciate how she likes to always change her style... and it always suits her!
    aside from the grillz, i have to say. I wanted some for myself when I was young, naive and in love with 50 cent... but hers just look monstrous with that lipstick! sorry!
    caught out there is one of my favourite songs... so much energy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Kelis. Her video for "Acapella" is one of my all-time favorite videos. She is just so brave and beautiful in her choices. I even like the ones that are sort of out there - they're just Kelis to me. Great post!

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed it very much. I love her earrings so very much.
    Thank you for sharing, my dear Melina.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for introducing me to kelis, she is so awesome! I really like the retro one with the really frizzy hair and red lipstick. the gril freaked me out for like 5 seconds because i thought it was braces and then i finally figured it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have never heard any of her songs besides Milkshake... but I really like how sweet and gawky she looks in some of the photos. The grills do look like braces to me... which adds to the sweet/gawky vibe.
    And I loooove the cornrows + plaid look.

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!