March 23, 2011

Analogue Portland

I spent the past few days out of the blog-o-sphere to visit Portland and enjoy analogue life. I took dozens of pictures with a Diana F+ and Diana mini, but haven't developed them yet. Here are a few choice but totally random digital photos from my visit.
IMG_7521
First up is this hilarious car.
IMG_7522
IMG_7524
Its owner obviously has the same favorite childhood toys as me.
IMG_7525
IMG_7523
Epic! The mirrored backdrop adds the perfect touch.
IMG_7526
There is a new cart plaza on Division street where I noticed this extremely picturesque crepe stand. How adorable is the server?!
IMG_7531
A cake my friend made.
IMG_7540
This antique till is actually still in use.
IMG_7547
You already know I love monkeys! (at Pix on Division)
IMG_7548
IMG_7542
Between the jasmine and the daphne, this front yard smelled amazing!
IMG_7543
I remember noticing this whimsically decorated masonry wall along Division street on my very day in Portland over four years ago.
IMG_7550
In case you were wondering, my favorite restaurant in Portland is Ya Hala on 80th and Stark. I praise its authentic Lebanese cuisine and charming "Mediterranean" atmosphere.
IMG_7549
An emu egg belonging to my auntie B.
IMG_7541
Last but not least, who doesn't love photo booths?
sc000cf407
I couldn't figure out the booth's timing which is why I look oblivious. More analogue treasures coming soon,
heart,
--m
Share |

13 comments:

  1. I want to live there! Seriously, what a charming place. I'm the love with the crepe stand, the menu featuring a cheese plate, and the decorative masonry. A crepe stand!!! My mind is blown. Lovely pictures! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh & was the cake as delicious as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get to eat it! it was for a potluck later on that I wasn't
    going to

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE lomography cameras. They're amazing!!

    I'm from Portland and somehow it just looks so different through your eyes. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Rope Bracelet GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, I adore that car! kewpies and trolls are so cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger award! Heres is the link! http://strawberrymoth.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html
    This award means you're one of my new favorite bloggers! See you around the web world!

    xo, Strawberry Moth

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a great trip. But that car - wow! I have never seen anything like it, but I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this lovely trip and photos with us.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is all the bricolage afixed to the car? I would be afraid I would lose something precious. Admiring the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pics are great. I am seriously obsessed with that car. golly I would loove to see that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love photobooth pics, especially in black & white. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That car is amazing - I read Palahniuk's book about Portland a while back (he was going on about cars like this) but I hadn't seen bling like that in a photo before! Awesome :D

    The beehive cake is perfectly adorable and the same goes for your sweet booth photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. This all looks so amazing! Everything has such a uniquely vintage look to it. The car and cake are simply incredible. I adore personal gems like that. And there's nothing like the timelessness of booth photos!

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!