March 25, 2011

Alas Hellas

I got the stars of today's outfit during my most recent visit to Portland, not Greece.
IMG_7566
(dress: Village Merchants, Portland, OR * socks: Target * shoes: Sanita * 1980s purse: Clawhammer and Clothespin Portland, OR * vintage belt: thrifted)
IMG_7607
I have very little concrete information about this dress other than it is 90s or newer. My guess is that is may be from Greece but sold in super touristy shops. That being said, I've never been to Greece and for all I know the dress is actually from Urban Outfitters. Anyone have a clue?
IMG_7616
If you zoom in, you can see a crocodile and snakes embossed into the leather patch. Pretty badass if I may say so myself. (nail polish: "rose amongst the thorns" by China Glaze. In real life it is more neon tomato red than orange.)
IMG_7572
When it's warmer, this dress with platforms and big silver earrings will be my go-to outfit. Do you think it's in bad taste to repeat dresses on a personal style blog?
heart,
--m
Share |

7 comments:

  1. love the bag!

    I really enjoy when bloggers repeat pieces. I like seeing all the different ways you can style one thing, its inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please repeat with the silver. Really, how would anyone remember that you'd worn it before, unless YOU tell them? Admiring the purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this whole outfit. The dress is fabulous and if it were mine, I'd wear it all the time. I hate that unwritten rule about bloggers not being able to repeat items, much less outfits. I say repeat all you want - I'll totally support you.
    I love the bag and the nail polish too. I don't even wear nail polish and I want this.

    Also, where in Portland is this Village Merchants place? I need to get there immediately!

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it's definitely not in bad taste, especially if you wear the dress in different seasons (so will style it differently).

    Love the Greek pattern and can't wait to see how you wear it during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the other comments, repeat the dress and show off all the ways to rock it!! I love the greece print, it's a mini vacation in fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If repeating dresses is bad I am the worst badass out there :D You look lovely! Certainly bears repeating :)

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!