January 21, 2011

Secretly Sporty

Something you may not know about me: I'm "secretly sporty" to quote a friend. It should come as no surprise, then, that I was super stoked to find this dress:
IMG_7007
Although I'm not exactly thrilled by its color palette, I do enjoy the cut, stars and other athletic details. In general, I really like sportswear, particularly from the 20s, 70s, and present-day.
IMG_7006
For whatever reason, I look worried in all of today's photos.
(dress: thrifted recently in Va, tag reads "Concrete Legends" *shoes: Kickers *tights: Japan)
IMG_7051
IMG_7050
IMG_6985
IMG_7049
In an ideal world, I'd have bright orange sneakers to wear with this, but all my athletic shoes are made for physical activity, not fashion. What do you think about pairing the dress with cream platforms as seen below?
IMG_7029
Let's move on to my current nails-did:
IMG_7039
I used a Sally Hansen quick dry pen along with a Konad stamp set. Although the pen does dry very fast, I won't be using it again because it is very streaky and tricky to use.


So, before I finish up, I'd like your opinions and suggestions regarding a post I'm putting together about exercise and fitness. Basically, I want to write about the benefits of exercise excluding physical appearance and how to make it a joy, not a chore. Would any of you actually be interested in reading such an article?
Thanks for joining me for today's outfit post.
heart,
--m
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

looking forward to hearing from you!