January 19, 2011

Richmond Favorites (with a dash of lomo)

I arrived back in Oregon on Monday, but still have a couple more east coast themed posts. First up is my list of some of my favorite local businesses in my hometown of Richmond, Virginia.
IMG_0024
The lomo photo of me above was taken inside the Village Cafe, one of Richmond's oldest diners.
IMG_6856
I've played many games of scrabble there and I'm sentimental that way.
IMG_6860
Right around the corner from the Village is my favorite vintage shop in Richmond, Exile.
IMG_6854
(They sell new stuff, too, mostly goth clubwear.)
IMG_6853
There's a $1 bin up front which has given me a few gems over the years, including a 1920s day dress and a couple 1960s shirt-dresses.
IMG_6855

IMG_6852
Next on my list is the Byrd Theater, which first opened its doors on Christmas Eve of 1928.
IMG_6866
They've featured some fun movie events, like cult classics at midnight or Nosferatu on Halloween. Once a year, the Byrd hosts the annual French Film Festival, too.
IMG_6867
Mostly, though, I just like the building.
IMG_0031
Last up is my favorite house in Richmond:
IMG_6870
I don't know the owner or anything like that, I've just always admired this eclectic Victorian.
IMG_6869
IMG_0035
IMG_6873
Here is its twin across the street:
IMG_6874
More buildings in my next post,
heart,
--m


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

looking forward to hearing from you!