January 25, 2011

Pictures from Sassy Magazine and Why I Like 90s Clothes

Here are a couple random pages I wanted to share from my Sassy Magazine collection (click to enlarge):
sassy0694-001
(July '94) I find "French Toast" items fairly often in the thrift-store, but rarely in my size. The company is still in business, too.
sassy0294-000
(February 94) A cutesy dress with cowboy boots, as pictured above, basically is my go-to "uniform" these days.
sassy0294-0001

My relationship to early/mid 90s clothes is different than my relationship to other decade's fashions. I came of age during the 90s so it was when I first developed an interest in style and personal expression through clothing. However, my family was relatively strict so I wasn't allowed to emulate most trends. In particular, I remember wanting high-heeled sneakers ssssooo badly but my mom said they were "too grown up" for my teenaged self. When I found these shoes a year ago, I yelled out "who's all grown up now?!" (Why I sold them months later is beyond me. Must be those Jedi mind tricks that moms know.)
Who else out there is into fashions that they weren't allowed as an adolescent?
heart,
--m

Share |

2 comments:

  1. All post are nice.These post gave information about fashion.That how to wear dress.I like this one.This is an amazing.I am very impressed to this post.Keep it.Thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!