January 23, 2011

Lounge Craft: the art of wearing a vintage house-dress

I just loves me a vintage house-dress! They are perfect for those days when I need to get a lot done at home, but know I'll be stepping out. My 1950s (or maybe 40s?) "Lounge Craft" house-dress is my favorite. Here's how I wear it at home (minus belt):
housedress008
The excellent label:

housedress009
When I go out to meet friends, I add heels.
housedress004
Close-ups of the pockets:
housedress0011
Just a touch of Carmen Miranda...
housedress0010
But really, it is too cold outside now to go sleeveless.
housedress003

housedress0012
Woops, I'm still cold, where's my coat?
housedress001
(*vintage coat: thrifted in Va. recently * vintage house-dress: thrifted * shoes, 80s belt and 60s cardigan: Deluxe *vintage Coach bag: a gift from my friend and favorite living painter in the whole world*)
housedress006
Just playing! Are you sick of me wearing the same Tawapa earrings all the time? I'm very allergic to most metals and have a "limited" earring supply as a result. (By "limited" I mean not as expansive as my wardrobe.)
housedress007
Makeup moment: putting white shadow on your eyes' inside corners creates a futuristic, big-eyed alien look. (I like that.) On my eyes: the white is MAC eyeshadow in Avalanche; followed by Nars's Daphne Jolie Poupee on my lids; and up to my brows is silver eyeshadow from MAC's Blue Sorcery holiday 2009 duo. Mascara is L'Oreal's Million Eyes and lipstick is Dior Haute Couleur in Red Muse. I find purple lids worn with magenta or red lips very intriguing.
Do you have any favorite house-dresses?
heart,
--m

Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

looking forward to hearing from you!