January 27, 2011

A Fashionable Train-ride Back In Time

These photos were taken in the summer of 2009 before I was blogging about fashion and featuring pictures of myself. That summer I was working in Yosemite, a place marked by immense natural beauty and also an excellent example of various human interactions with the landscape. In El Portal, just outside the park's entrance, is a restored early 20th-century train car representative of the railroad which once ran there. (Learn more here.)
train001

train002
A couple weeks prior to this photo shoot, a friend and I had to evacuate our homes due to a forest fire. We went to the closest town with a movie theater and thrift-store where I respectively saw "Inglorious Basterds" and bought this handmade 1950s dress.
train003

train004
(*boots by Bjorn) As you can tell, I do not have excellent balance.
train006

train007

train008
These are photos of me freaking out because the interior was so cool.
train009
I mean, this built-in desk?! Sometimes I wish I could live in an old train car, but instead I will save up for a mid-century Airstream.
Thanks for taking this fashionable journey back in time with me,
heart,
--m


Share |

4 comments:

  1. head to toe, AMAZING.
    i am loving your styling of this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you certainly had such an indivudaul take on fashion before this blog began. the dress with boots is so free-sprited and lvoely

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trains have always freaked me out. My fear increased 10 fold when I got into a train wreck when I was 13. So...me saying that those trains are flippin' sweet is saying a lot. The built in desk is awesome

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!