December 25, 2010

lbd: conservative Betty

Welcome to another post in my one lbd, eight festive ways series, photographed by Malin Laney. Today's outfit represents my most conservative look which I'd wear to a small family gathering or office party.
lbdconserv01
Consider it my best attempt to look this innocent:
bettie_angel
Or not.
lbdteen03
(*tights: Wolford via tj maxx * 70s shoes: Nobody's Baby *vintage celluloid pin: Kitsch * vintage cardigan: Deluxe*)
I put together this outfit before I had the more appropriate xmas tree pin.
lbdconserv02
I'm wearing another shade of red, this time a high-shine lipglosss, MAC's "Dare to Wear Lip Glass" in "Bold and Brash" Living up to its name, this gloss is highly pigmented and also super shiny. It's pretty bold worn on its own, but even more dramatic layered over an opaque lipstick like "Russian Red." Well, I hope everyone's holidays are going well and to see you here again soon,
heart,
--m
Share |

5 comments:

  1. i agree about the tights. they are theee most gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. melina, thanks for the kind comment and encouragement on my first post!

    i dig this conservative look with the red tights! they keep it from getting too staid.

    carrie
    larizadablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yyour pins so much.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fantastic idea to style 1 dress in many festive ways. I'm getting so many ideas looking through these! MAC really knows how to make an outstanding lip color.

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!