November 08, 2010

Fall Look: Wearing Metallics Casually

Malin Laney and I took advantage of sunset's soft light last Wednesday to capture an outfit I had on before a scheduled indoor photoshoot. (Note: no photoshop today!)
Maybe my favorite aspect of the fall and winter fashion is the abundant use of metallics, sequins, glitter etc.. Really, though, I just love shiny things year round, hence my love of the Airstream.My approach to keeping this mini-dress from Deluxe informal is to pair it with soft matte fabrics like jersey and knit:
metallic009
The indie shirt is from Argentina and depicts one of my favorite actresses Asia Argento. The text is miswritten French for "Asia said: I like hard rock." Although offensive to some, the shirt certain keeps the dress from looking stuffy!
metallic007
Knits will also keep you warm:
*hat: Portland
*scarf: A yard sale score, this is a quiviut, a type of knit especially from Alaska made from musk-oxen wool. It is exxxxtreeemmeeeely soft and warm and light-weight, like unbelievably so. By the way, this is the natural color of the fiber.
metallic006
Really into fall now. Playing with leaves is my favorite childhood memory of this season. Yours?
metallic005

metallic004
*60s pirate boots: Deluxe
*coat: thrifted (Va.)
metallic003
I love how the lamp post looks aflame.
Here are two pictures from our indoor shoot that I thought were great:
metallic002
(Obviously this is the top of the dress)
metallic001
Thanks for joining, let me know if you also have either a predilection or approach to metallics.
heart,
--m

3 comments:

  1. love metallic fabric at ALL times...M. u look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt made me LoLoL- it definitely does keep the dress from looking stuffy! Definitely my fave autumn memory is eating apple pie!! :D And of course, playing with the leaves- can't leave that out.
    *Claudia*
    http://emoltofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your smile ! :)

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!