October 09, 2010

Road trip part two and ensuing outfit

Let's start in the present tense:
roadtripII003
This outfit is brought to you by the final day of my most recent road-trip. After the festival ended Sunday night, we drove to South Lake Tahoe (where my friend had stuff in storage) and enjoyed a quick thrift on Monday before heading home. I scored this amazing periwinkle 1950s crochet dress (I believe handmade). I don't care if it is more of a spring item, I love it now. The shoes are from the same thrift store:
roadtripII002
I got the skull butt snuffer in a gas station in Nevada, which was on our route back. They also had poker machines. (Silver bracelet with charm: thrifted, Oregon).
roadtripII001
This sign was in Carson City and is terrible except for the gun and rose oval. The designer should have just stopped there.
roadtripII006
The charming Coma Cafe is only a block or two away and far more charming overall.
roadtripII005
When we got to this rest stop in California (off 395) I felt like we were in a David Lynch movie. Especially once I turned the corner and saw that the entire back wall was covered in Missing Children posters. (photo is untouched, we had this moody weather for most of the drive.) And finally, most creepy of all (NSFW):
roadtripII004
Nothing says "getting ass with class" like a 75 cent love kit bought at a gas station in the middle of nowhere (found outside Klamath Falls, Oregon).
Stay warm kiddos,
heart,
--m

1 comment:

  1. threequartersleeveOctober 26, 2010 at 4:59 AM

    Talk about delectable shoes! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!