October 03, 2010

road trip part one

A friend of mine and I are enjoying a road trip through California! We drove 8 hours from Oregon to San Francisco yesterday. Thanks to our tiny bladders, I had ample opportunity to use my Diana Mini in this very sunny state. Those pictures aren't developed yet, but here are some digis in a very small town called Dunsmuir, right off I-5:

roadtrip003
My favorite photo, featuring vintage signage, a classic car and Mount Shasta.
roadtrip005
Here is the same cafe from the other side so you can see all the awesome signage (sorry I couldn't crop out the Chevron sign).

roadtrip006
Apparently the town used to be an old railroad stop. I love old train cars, would love to convert one into an art studio.
roadtrip001
I love the old-timey twos that look like swans and the bodaciously curvy sevens. Speaking of bodaciously curvy...

roadtrip002
Found in the gas station, I really enjoy this poster's positive vibes and message. Go forth and do good work readers!
heart,
--m

3 comments:

  1. that train is awesome!must've been a fun roadtrip:)
    ps:im having my very first giveaway, come and join in the fun?

    http://www.asterialatief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the vintage quality of your images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything about this is magical.

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!