September 28, 2010

I heart Enchanted Forest

This Monday I'm sharing yesterday's visit to Enchanted Forest, a family-owned theme park opened in 1971, located just outside Salem. I took my new diana mini and had a blast experimenting with half and square frame formats. The park has a few sections and the enchantment begins with a stroll through Storybrook Lane:

ef017

ef016

ef007
(digital for clarity)
ef021

ef020

ef023

ef022
I look like the evil witch in the gingerbread house.
A well-known feature of Storybrook Lane is a witch's head you can climb in and is right out of a Jungian nightmare if you catch my drift...
ef015

ef006
here's me falling asleep, feeling a bit like this guy:
ef025

ef014

ef013
That's me in the 7 Dwarves' totally trippy-ass mine.
I had to include this image on the blawg, especially since those bees would make perfect tattoos:
ef005
and here it is in situ in the 3 little bears' house:
ef024

ef018

ef004

There is also a haunted house, which really helped get me in the mood for Halloween, my favorite holiday.
ef011

ef012
ef008
This was taken with my digital and is spookier now than in person.

Met Abe Lincoln in Western Town:
ef009
Where I also saw an amazing 7 minute light show that will serve as the main inspiration for my 2011 winter/spring fashions (more in an upcoming post):
ef003

There are also rides. I couldn't take pictures on the grown-up rides (too busy yelling), but had fun observing the kiddies:
ef002
Her boat totally wasn't working. Poor girl was like "um, I can't control this?"
ef001
While this little girl couldn't wait for her turn.
ef010

I'm ending with this image because she was my favorite. Before getting on this ride I heard her say "I really want to ride this. I heard it's fun and I really love fun stuff." My sentiments exactly. Later I saw her instruct a friend to make peace signs while going down a slide basically so that they would look cool. Totally reminded me of being a kid when the concept of coolness first dawns on you. Not to mention she wore stripes with florals. I adore this kind of exuberant honesty. 

Thanks for viewing, I have a few more pictures that have yet to be developed to be shared another time. See you later,
heart
--m

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures great post ;)

    -The Fashion Wh0re

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great location for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i really want to go there!

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!