July 07, 2010

Day and Night the easy breezy way

If you've been reading for a while, you know that the easy breezy dress is that dress of the moment that makes me feel alive and comfortable no matter what the situation. I could not believe my eyes when the ladies at Nobody's Baby pointed out this charmer that goes from day to night with things that could theoretically be stashed in a totebag.

the Day version:



*Dress: 1950s stunner from Nobody's Baby
*leopard print faux-keds: thrifted (Virginia, years ago. Sadly they are starting to fall apart.)
*Vintage "saddle bag": Red Light (Portland)
(*not shown: nude slip, thrifted. It has the best seam lines and is made in Japan so too bad you're not privy to that vision.)

and now with the switch of the shoes and the slip,
Night:



*Vintage 50s slip by Vanity Fair: thrifted.
*Vintage shoes (80s take on the 50s?): thrifted.

I forgot to put on my huge crazy feather earrings that I did end up wearing later that night, but they will certainly appear later. Also, in the perfect world, I would have styled my hair like Betty Draper, but I do not have minions at my disposal yet so... The dress is so sweet that my friend said I looked like I needed a pony or some poodles standing by me.

Sorry I've been so busy in the darkroom lately that I haven't been putting on pretty clothes and blogging! I'll be posting more frequently after next week. Til next time,
heart
--m

14 comments:

  1. you are so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. christine/tiemeabowJuly 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM

    i love that dress! such a pretty color and lovely vintage inspiration.
    i like this night/day feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. waw lovely dress !

    ReplyDelete
  4. whistle-whistle! my favorite part is your saddlebag purse. So rad. oh and PS, where did you get your tripod? i'm thinking of investing ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you translated it from day to night! looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me you will be back on the internets soon. My new photo album feels so lonely without your comments sprinkled within.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look gorgeous babe. i am terrible at transitioning outfits from day to night, so thanks for the tips! hope you're well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helloo. I just love your blog!! Hmm.. What can I say? Planning to see your mom tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Closet of a DirtbagJuly 17, 2010 at 12:05 AM

    I love things like this dress, only small change of accesoris can make it so much different :0.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dress. :)

    xx Love & Aloha
    **Swing by to enter my giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks so much dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lady Peach love love LOVES your peachy dress!!!!
    xXx
    http://ladypeachblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a very similar blue dress that you might like before I cut it up or give it away. I keep meaning to make it into a skirt but...

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!