June 23, 2010

obsessive outfit of late

I'm breaking it up with the travel and architecture related posts (part of a week of daily blogging) to introduce you to two new friends of mine:




I'm not sure what I'd call this dress yet, but I'd like a name that was somehow both trippy and reminiscent of Austria. Any suggestions?
In any case, I was wearing it obsessively, as I am wont to do, all last week. That may seem odd to wear wool in June, but this has been a strange "spring" for us in Oregon.

*Vintage 60s dress: Nobody's Baby
*Mary Janes: by Kickers. Perhaps ugly chic? I know at least one of you definitely sees some ugly in there, but dang it, I love comfy shoes.




And this is Annie, my vintage glass perfume bottle cum prop gun. I know this will be a treasured object of mine for a long time and I can't wait it to use her in more photographs in the future.
Well, that's all for now folks!
heart
--m

ps:
How could I forget to mention my eyeshadow? It's "blue sorcery" from MAC's last holiday collection. I am a believer in holiday makeup worn year round, but especially this amazing aqua/turquoise shade I actually see as quite green, but is commonly accepted as blue (just like a beloved tattoo of mine).

3 comments:

  1. I'm such a big fan of your dress! I love the print. And I would say the shoes are ugly chic too, but leaning much more towards chic. If that counts for anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress so hard!

    it may or may not be me who you refer to seeing a little ugly in the shoes...but yeah, they aren't workin for me that much. by way of explanation, i automatically mentally adjust shoes to my own gigantic size 11 feet, on which these mary janes would be straight up boats. i will, however, let you boss me around with your little pistol and blue eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the print on the dress is amazing.
    xo
    katorra

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!