April 09, 2010

Slips as Dresses Part III: The Champagne of Beers

Malin Laney and I had the pleasure of jetting off to Germany for our last photo shoot. And by "jet" I mean "walk". And by "Germany" I mean "a mural depicting Oktoberfest" at an excellent local beer hall aptly called The Beer Stein. Ideally I would wear this outfit to a really mellow but kinda major house party. By which I mean, there's a lot of people and good times minus sketchiness.

I don't really drink now that I'm no longer a senior in college, but I do just love beers from around the world! Wine snobs can drink their vintage but I prefer to wear mine and just drink beer.



Ideally, I'd have worn this outfit with these little booties for a much more vintage and ladylike look. Sadly they are "in storage" (at my parents' house) so it's my good old standbys.



*Vintage Nordrom's Booties: Thrifted about a year ago (Oregon).



*1950s Cashmere Cardigan: thrifted (Oregon)



*Vintage Glasses: thrifted (Oregon)

*Vintage Slip (20s inspired?): thrifted (Virginia; with Sonya)

*Belt: Flea Market in Milan a few years ago.



*Blue Thigh High Fishnets: can't remember but I think it was something random.



I am loving sepia tones and grunge brushes!



You need a goofy smile and indistinct hands to live in this world.



Models always rock this pose so I thought I'd try it. Now I know why they make the big bucks.






Yeah for gradient maps!



I love these little bees! Is it lame to find inspiration for a tattoo from a Photoshop brush?



Here's looking at you guys!
Need I say --heart---
--m

19 comments:

  1. love it all specially the coyboy boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hells yeah! we needed more leg! that belt is the perfect touch... love the outfit obv. it's amazing how professional photographers can capture the best of a person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both boots, but of course would like to see the others in action. That blue fishnet with a tall boot is very barn-to-evening....

    ReplyDelete
  4. those booties. oh. my. god. i loooooooooooove those booties!!

    you look darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute outfit... i love wearing slips as dresses.. you pull it off real well!

    xo

    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your vintage boots, amzing! Your blog is great, definitely be back! come follow TBAG if you fancy, love xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really am into your dress/slip...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so adorable! i'm all about the slip dresses! and i cannot believe you thrifted those nordrom boots...seriously amazing find! <3
    cute blog!
    xo,
    claire
    Mamushka Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your lovely compliments on my boots and slip!
    Sadly, the main reason the booties are at my folks' house is because they are not super comfortable (although they do fit). I tend to "collect" rather than wear those types of shoes since they are often so fabulous. Next time I'm in Va, I'll take one for the team and pose in some bootie-appropriate outfits just for you guys! I love my readers and like to deliver!
    heart
    --m

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely images, that mural is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the backdrop! so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute dress!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute dress and fab boots <3
    thank you for sharing :)
    love
    xx
    yudia aiiu
    http://blackecstasy.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT PICS AND I HAV ETO AGREE..IM A BEER CHICK 2 !

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, big tragedy.

    I really like these paintings1 So fun, just like your Pocahontaz's style dress! :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. those boots are amazing, you were so lick to run into such a great find!

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome pics! Love the background

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my, you are so cute. i love that slip. i can't pull this off, i just look like i'm wearing lingerie outdoors, which doesn't go over well as a journalist.
    also, those are excellent bangs for your face.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!