April 06, 2010

Slips as Dresses Part I: It's Still Chilly Outside

I'm not sure what it's like where you live, but here in Oregon, we still have a little ways to go before it is nice enough to wear spring fashions without "winterizing" them a bit first. I for one love underwear on the outside. I'm shy in my own ways, so I keep this trend on the "tasteful" side. These photos were again by the lovely Malin Laney. Be sure to visit her!



*Vintage Black Velvet Jacket: I'd been looking for one of these for a while and was elated when I thrifted this 1950's gem (Oregon).

*Vintage 1950s Slip: thrifted (Oregon)

*Pendant: Apparently a fossilized ancient squid, gifted to me by my "Auntie Lynda" who really knows how to score on Ebay.




I love how this slip moves and is constructed so much like a 50s party dress. Kinda unbelievable in a way. I fantasize about both this building and this slip being pinker. Thank goodness for Photoshop. Guess I'm channeling JeongMee Yoon.



*Vintage Cowboy Boots: thrifted a few years ago in Virginia (yep, you were both there Sonya and Sally!)

*Tights: Betsey Johnson "sweaters for your legs"



"What's under here?" "Oh, just these!"




I love this shot so much! Go Malin!



But if I were a musician, this is the picture I'd use as an album cover.
*Purse: thrifted (Virginia).

Thanks for joining me again! Hope you have enjoyed my experimentation with Photoshop textures!
heart
--m

14 comments:

  1. Hello, sorry if I took too long to reply you. You commented on my older post and I haven't been checking to see if there were any new comments. So, thanks for the comment, and lovely dress by the way.

    -Berlin-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the outfit. Beautiful beautiful pieces and model. Hm, and yes, as I look at those boots, I feel some past inkling of rage at your small feet and Sonya's and my large ones that prohibited us scoring those. My only criticism is that we need a close-up of the octopus! (I speak for all readers.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your cowboy boots!

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some gorgeous and cheap vintage slips at a vintage show a few months ago and refrained from purchasing any because I didn't know how to wear them. But your post definitely gives me some ideas!!

    stop by my blogs!!
    http://dreamingchiffon.blogspot.com
    http://notthathaute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great dress, love your style

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog and i love your outfit..Thanks for following me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Betsey Johnson and I love your tights with the boots. I was surprised you said it was a slip, it looks completely like a dress! And your bag is delightful. So all in all, I guess I really like your outfit or something ;)

    xx,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extra points for apt use of Betsey J tights. They don't overwhelm, but they're there with their cheery message.
    Glad to learn about your blog. Will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the background of these photos

    -Erica
    http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your dress ! gorgeous boots !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I know! And my mom bought it without knowing that movie like Breakfast at Tiff, even existed! And that is rediculus!
    It is true that once I bought the exact similar gray dress for her, but she does not wear it often. And all of a sudden? Mom comes home and shows me this little black one .. And what immediately came to my mind? Pearls and waist strap! Only these shoes .. Well, I can only wonder what my daughter will try to persuade me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. I hope you will keep joining me here.
    @allthatlace: Yes, it is constructed ridiculously like a dress. It is, however, 100% nylon and in person you can definitely tell (unlike in these photos).
    @sally: Ah, I will have to whip the squid out on another occasion! I'll be sure and include close-ups of accessories in the future though.
    Thanks again!
    heart
    --m

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to hearing from you!